Monday, June 10, 2013

Welcome to My Blog

Hello everyone,

My name is Alex Mager, and I am going to be writing a blog for you regarding the Detroit Red Wings. I currently attend Michigan Technological University, and I am a goalie on their club hockey team. I also played travel hockey for years before attending college.

Now, I realize just stating the fact that I play hockey isn't enough credibility to make my opinions better or more logical than anyone else, but I do like to think that I have an understanding of the game, and an understanding of how the NHL works a little bit. I’m one of those people who can’t go a day without checking the latest hockey news, especially as it pertains to the Red Wings.

The reason I am writing this blog is because I feel that I need to share my opinions both on how the team has performed, and what I think the team needs to do next. Whether it’s listening to people talking about hockey on the radio, listening to friends and colleagues talk hockey, or reading on message boards, I can’t help but disagree with a lot of the things people are saying about this team. It has really reached a new level now that Lidstrom has retired and people aren't as sure about the future as they once were. I’ll make sure to talk about prospects, current players, how the team has played recently, as well as more technical things like contract situations and explain what I think is in store for this team.

I hope to write this blog in a way that it can be followed by most everyone who has even a slight interest in hockey. However, if I am ever unclear about something, you have a question for me, or you disagree with my point on something, feel free to comment on my posts. I will try to comment myself to address them, or I might even spin your comment into the topic of my next post. I will also be posting poll questions, so feel free to leave me feedback through those as well.

I plan to post weekly, so make sure to stop by regularly. However, in the dog days of summer there might be a few weeks taken off because there’s honestly not much to talk about. I do have a lot of things I want to talk about right off the bat though with this season recently ending, the draft approaching, and then free agency after that.

I hope you enjoy my posts, and I look forward to interacting with all of you about the coolest game on earth, and the best team that plays it.

2 comments:

  1. Who do you want to win? Bruins or blackhawks?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bruins. That's who I picked to win before the playoffs, and I'm sticking to it.

    ReplyDelete